Saturday 20 October 2012

Broken Celebi, Mew, and Book binding


 Ah! I broke it! I was trying to raise it a bit so I can paint it easier. Poor celebi.. I wanted today's post to be a painting one.



I added a bit more clay on the face to make it more mew like. I also dissolved part of the neck to make it thinner. It's really sturdy, I've accidentally dropped it a few times. There are a bit of grayish and white-ish spots which i think are there because I didn't mix in the color well enough. I also think that I should've mixed in some white to make the color a bit brighter.

Here are some pics I took while attempting to bookbind for the first time.

Testing out how it would look like. 

Lining up

Getting the pages even.


This is what the should look like when done.

I haven't glued everything together yet. I want to put ribbon bookmarks but I don't have a ribbon yet. I'm going to add elastic inside for pen holders. The owner of the pink one wants a flap while the owner of the yellow one wants it to be closed with elastic. They're supposed to be journals. I used unlined paper so they could draw on it =] (I also didn't have lined paper.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!