Friday 19 October 2012

Homemade Mew Keychain

So this morning, I went looking for some of  keychains I made before to take pictures of. I found that the leftover clay started to get mold on so I decided to use it now. I washed the mold off and used a highlighter to tint the clay to pink. I haven't had good results with tinting it with poster paint. I always ended up using too much.








 The clay was drying while I was still molding it so there are a lot of dried up clay on it. I later smoothed it out with a wet paintbrush though.








Here's how it looks after a few hours of drying.



The color got a bit darker and it shrunk a bit. I really like how it balances on the string. It looks like mew's floating! I don't think it looks like mew very much, though. The pics that show up on google has a bigger head, longer feet, and longer tail. It started out with the right proportions but ended up this way because the body looked odd to me so i kept adding clay bit by bit. The body doesn't look weird anymore and mew now looks more like a mouse.

I'm going to go to bed properly now x] I'm falling asleep on my chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!